Lael Gray is the Executive Director of the Asheville Jewish Community Center where she began working in 2003 as the Early Childhood Director. Lael served on the Board of Directors for Smart Start of Buncombe County for six years, and continues to advocate for young children as a First 2000 Days Champion. “What happens in the first five years of a child’s life builds the brain and also ultimately impacts our entire community. Let’s do whatever we can to ensure that all children, wherever they spend their early years, get the highest quality experiences and care,” she said.
Meet a 2,000 Days Champion
Vivian I. Correa is a native Puerto Rican, and has worked extensively with culturally diverse young children and their families. She has experience in developing training programs for children with disabilities (birth to age five) and their families. Dr. Correa’s expertise … Continue readingView All Champions>>
- Samantha DooiesWilmingtonNew Hanover / Pender District Attorney's Office
- Judge Louis A. Trosch, Jr.CharlotteJuvenile Court
- Julius H. CorpeningWilmington5th Judicial District Court
- Clifford BarnettWilmingtonWarner Temple AME Zion
- Nicole AtkinsonCharlotteYouth and Famiily Services