Dr. Plata-Potter is an Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education at the University of Mount Olive in New Bern, North Carolina. She is currently the President of the Craven Smart Start Board of Directors and has conducted research with Latino families, including children ages birth to preschool. “Parents hope and dream that their child’s future will be brighter than their own, so the first 2000 days message is very important,” said Dr. Plata-Potter.
Meet a 2,000 Days Champion
Vivian I. Correa is a native Puerto Rican, and has worked extensively with culturally diverse young children and their families. She has experience in developing training programs for children with disabilities (birth to age five) and their families. Dr. Correa’s expertise … Continue readingView All Champions>>
- Shannon NewsomeReidsvilleReidsville Christian Church
- Samantha DooiesWilmingtonNew Hanover / Pender District Attorney's Office
- Pastor James King, Jr.MayodanJesus Deliverance
- Judge Louis A. Trosch, Jr.CharlotteJuvenile Court
- Clifford BarnettWilmingtonWarner Temple AME Zion